Below is a copy of our current tour newsletter. To subscribe to our newsletter, absolutely free of charge, please click here.
Tour Newsletter Dated June 1, 2020
Dear Vacations To Go Customer,As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, guided tours in Europe and around the world are not currently operating and we don't know for sure when they will resume. We will let you know as soon as they are operating again.
Most of the tour bookings coming in now are for travel next year, and Europe is our most popular destination for tours. In this newsletter, I'll highlight seven amazing countries to visit in Europe on a guided tour. These destinations are great options for travelers looking for an itinerary that focuses on a single country.
Read below about top sights commonly featured on tours in each country, and click any link to see itineraries and money-saving offers for 2021.
Ireland -- Picture-perfect scenes await on our Ireland tours: fishing villages tucked into pretty harbors, roads winding through emerald hills and waves crashing into rocky headlands. Many tours spend time in Dublin, where the city's Georgian squares and Trinity College are popular stops. Gaze at the views along the Ring of Kerry, visit a whiskey distillery and experience a bit of local culture in a neighborhood pub.
Italy -- Enchanting landscapes, delicious cuisine and the promise of "la dolce vita" draw travelers to Italy. Many itineraries spend time in Rome, Venice and Florence, where art treasures abound (tour guests usually bypass long lines at museums and churches to see the works of Michelangelo, Da Vinci and other masters). Spend time at Tuscan vineyards, explore the cliffside towns of the Cinque Terre and examine the well-preserved ruins of Pompeii.
Spain -- Spain tours can highlight the impressive Prado museum in Madrid, the enormous Plaza de Espana in Seville and the beautiful buildings of Barcelona, such as La Sagrada Familia, the extraordinary cathedral designed by Antoni Gaudi. Many itineraries incorporate the 13th-century Alhambra palace complex in Granada. There usually are opportunities to take in a flamenco show and tastings of tapas or Rioja wines.
Scotland -- Stand on the banks of Loch Lomond, immortalized in song, or Loch Ness, famed for its "monster." Ride a ferry to the remote Orkney Islands or tour Stirling Castle, where Mary, Queen of Scots was crowned as an infant. The Old Course in St. Andrews is a shrine for golfers. Some departures include tickets to the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo, a bagpipe-and-drum extravaganza that is usually held in August.
England -- Tours of England often include stays in London, where guests see quintessential sights like Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace. Beyond the capital, ponder the mysterious stone circle of Stonehenge, explore ancient Roman ruins and Tudor Row in Chester, spend time in the scenic Lake District or visit Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon.
France -- On these itineraries, most of which start or end in Paris, travelers can explore the gardens of Claude Monet's Giverny, captured in many of the artist's paintings, or stand on the beaches of Normandy, where the Allied invasion began on June 6, 1944. Sample wines in the Loire Valley, discover why Lyon is considered to be the country's gastronomic capital or stroll through the Old Town of Nice. We also offer river cruises on the Seine, Saone, Rhone and the waterways of Bordeaux.
Greece -- Brush up on your ancient history at the Parthenon in Athens, in Olympia (where the first Olympic Games were held) and at Mycenae, excavated in the 19th century. The sky-high monasteries of Meteora were erected on natural sandstone pillars, some more than 1,000 feet high. Many itineraries cruise to the Greek isles, like Mykonos and Santorini, where you can relax on the beaches and dine on fresh seafood.
Finally, we also offer guided vacations that take a broader look at Europe, visiting multiple countries across the continent. These are called panoramic tours, and they can last anywhere from seven days to several weeks. Click here to view these itineraries.
1) Paris, Normandy and the Loire, 8 days with Cosmos. Begins and ends in Paris. Save $100 per couple. Starting at $1,239. Departures from April 9 through November 12, 2021.
2) Spanish Experience, 9 days with Costsaver. Begins in Madrid and ends in Barcelona. Starting at $1,275. Departures from April 3 through October 16, 2021.
3) Irish & Scottish Sampler, 8 days with CIE Tours. Begins in Dublin and ends in Edinburgh. Starting at $1,849. Departures from April 19 through September 27, 2021.
4) Classical Greece, 8 days with Globus. Begins and ends in Athens. Save 10%. Starting at $1,999. Departures from April 19 through October 4, 2021.
5) Islands of New England, 8 days with Collette. Begins in Providence and ends in Cape Cod. Save 10% off the land price when you also book flights through Collette. Starting at $1,999. Departures from May 7 through October 15, 2021.
6) Best of the Italian Lakes, 9 days with Trafalgar. Begins and ends in Milan. Save 10%. Starting at $2,043. Departures from May 7 through October 8, 2021.
7) Enchanting Canyonlands, 7 days with Insight. Begins in Phoenix and ends in Las Vegas. Save 10%. Starting at $2,133. Departures from January 16, 2021 through March 12, 2022.
8) Best of Britain, 11 days with Insight. Begins and ends in London. Save 10%. Starting at $2,853. Departures from May 4 through September 28, 2021.
9) Iceland: Land of Fire & Ice, 9 days with Collette. Begins and ends in Reykjavik. Save 10% off the land price when you also book flights through Collette. Starting at $2,999. Departures from May 5 through September 29, 2021.
10) Canadian Rockies Escape Circle, 7 days with Rocky Mountaineer. Begins and ends in Vancouver. Receive one free pre- or post-tour hotel night and a free airport transfer. Starting at $3,382. Departures from April 25 through October 3, 2021.
Vacations To Go